Highlights of Qualifications
- Creative storyteller who inspires while maintaining an authentic, consistent voice
- Expert in professional communications: copywriting, editing, design, photography and video
- Skilled in research, data collection, and analysis
- Self-motivated and organized with strong project management skills and experience working on collaborative teams
Master of Arts in Teaching, Early Childhood Education, Mercer University, 2010
Bachelor of Arts, Art History, University of Maryland, 2004
DSLR video production and photography • Adobe Lightroom • Adobe After Effects • Adobe Premiere Pro • Adobe Photoshop • Adobe Audition • Podcast production • Content Management (WordPress, Blackbaud, Craft, ExpressionEngine) • MS Office Suite • Apple Productivity Apps • Google Apps • Google Analytics • Basecamp • HootSuite
User Experience • HTML5 • CSS3 • Information Architecture
Experience and Accomplishments
- Created an internal style guide and served as copywriter and copy editor for Severn School publications including all website copy, admissions viewbook copy, the alumni magazine, and quarterly education series. This consistent voice and professional style ensures brand consistency and showcases the school’s value as an elite academic institution.
- Supported two year-long annual giving campaigns with copywriting and editing for all print and digital assets along with strategic video production to create focused messaging that connects with a spectrum of audiences.
- Updated the copy, content structure, and design of the school ‘s 250+ page website — using standards for SEO and accessibility — to improve the overall user experience on desktop and mobile. This ongoing work transformed the site from a source of information into a strategic marketing tool.
- Established a workflow to research, write, edit, and distribute twice-weekly “Severn Stories” as part of the school’s digital content marketing strategy. New workflow and subsequent content increased traffic to our site and raised engagement rates on social media by 40%.
- Created a strategy and workflow to shoot, edit and distribute authentic, mission-focused video for communications and fundraising. This video strategy differentiates the school from local competitors, connects with prospective and current families, and demonstrates continued value to donors.
- Created targeted paths to reach potential clients and industry peers through brand-focused copywriting: website homepage copy, industry-specific landing pages, bimonthly newsletter, 2 blog series, and daily writing for social media.
- Developed social media strategies and tracking systems for Bright Umbrella and their tech podcast CTRL+CLICK CAST. Doubled social media following and engagement for CTRL+CLICK CAST, resulting in a 51% increase in 90-day downloads.
- Designed cross-platform optimized graphics for social cards and quarterly newsletters resulting in better brand recognition and interaction on social channels.
- Created a weekly email newsletter to promote library services meeting an essential need for community outreach with technology.
- As content manager for the library website, applied information architecture principles to the outdated site increasing its value as an easy-to-use resource for students and faculty.
- Created and taught professional development curriculum for faculty: iPad 101, Google Sites for Teachers, Using Infographics in the Classroom.