Highlights of Qualifications
- Responsible with a strong work ethic, fine attention to detail and a commitment to excellence
- Creative storyteller who inspires while maintaining an authentic, consistent voice
- Accomplished in professional communications: copywriting, editing, design, photography and video
- Expert in research, data collection, and analysis
- Self-motivated and organized with strong project management skills and experience working on collaborative teams
Bachelor of Arts, Art History, University of Maryland, 2004
EXPERT: MS Office Suite • Apple Productivity Apps • Google Apps • HootSuite • Basecamp • Google Analytics • Bidsketch • PandaDoc • Content Management (WordPress, Blackbaud, Craft, ExpressionEngine) • Adobe Photoshop • Adobe Premiere Pro • Adobe Audition • Adobe Lightroom • Adobe After Effects • DSLR video and photography • OmniGraffle
DEVELOPING: User Experience • HTML5 • CSS3 • Information Architecture
Experience and Accomplishments
- Updated the content and design of the school website — using standards for SEO and accessibility — to improve the overall user experience on desktop and mobile. This ongoing work transformed the site from a source of information into a strategic marketing tool.
- Established a workflow for researching, writing, and editing blog posts as part of an inbound marketing strategy. New workflow and subsequent content increased traffic to our site and raised engagement rates on social media by 60% — all within the first six months of implementation.
- Created a content strategy and workflow for shooting, editing and distributing authentic, brand-focused video for communications and development. This video strategy differentiates our school from local competitors, connects with prospective and current families, and demonstrates our continued value to donors.
- Created a goal-focused reporting system to regularly track the school’s digital marketing campaigns. This data-based approach results in improved strategic decision-making for the department and better buy-in from administration.
- Developed social media strategies for Bright Umbrella and their tech podcast CTRL+CLICK CAST, resulting in a consistently growing community of engaged users.
- Doubled social media following and engagement for CTRL+CLICK CAST, resulting in a 51% increase in 90-day downloads.
- Developed social media results tracking systems for both Bright Umbrella and CTRL+CLICK CAST. Analyzing the direct relationship between actions and results allowed for a stronger, more flexible strategy that is consistently tied to their business goals.
- Designed graphics for social cards and quarterly newsletters resulting in better brand recognition and interaction on social channels.
- Optimized social graphics to work across networks, cutting down on production time and saving money for the company.
- Created targeted paths to reach potential clients and industry peers through brand-focused copywriting: bimonthly newsletter, 2 blog series, and daily writing for social media.
- Created a weekly email newsletter to promote library services meeting an essential need for community outreach with technology.
- As content manager for the library website, applied information architecture principles to the outdated site increasing its value as an easy-to-use resource for students and faculty.
- Created and taught professional development curriculum for faculty: iPad 101, Google Sites for Teachers, Using Infographics in the Classroom.